To be advised
This workshop steps you through the basic settings for photographing the stars and Milky way. Detailed notes are provided.
In the field I will teach you HOW TO:
- focus to help ensure the sharpest and most pleasing shots of our night skies taking into account the Earth's rotation and NPF rule
- adjust your camera settings in manual mode for ISO, shutter speed and aperture taking into account reasonable exposure levels using the histogram
- shoot panoramas (great for the Milky way)
- shoot star trails
- shoot timelapses
- light paint foreground objects such as buildings, trees etc to create images with the stars in the background
- manage white balance in your shots as well as in light painting
- hoot multiple images of foreground and background shots to be stacked so to further reduce noise in your images
Instruction is also provided on forecasting the solar weather likely to trigger auroral activity in our area. This is also addressed in participant notes.